Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Fashion for Less

It's Fashion Week in NYC, and even though nothing there is affordable, that doesn't change the fact that we're still on college budgets. I checked out some of the pictures from the weekend shows and found myself pleasantly surprised. Normally, when I see runway shows on TV or runway pictures in magazines, I don't like any of the clothes. They are always way too out of the ordinary, expensive, and not reflective of what most people would actually wear. This time, though, I came across pictures of Peter Som's collection. I had never heard of him before, but I loved what I found. It was the first runway pictures I have ever seen that actually featured clothes that the everyday person could wear. Plus, I love how he uses bright colors and patterns, yet juxtaposes them with black to offset the spunk of the outfits.

Here are two of my favorite outfits from the collection:



Since these outfits are obviously too expensive, here are some similar, more affordable versions!
This Express skirt is only 34.50.

This pink Forever 21 dress is only 19.80
and reminds me of the Peter Som's print.
This dress also reminds me of the Peter Som dress. It is 128 dollars from Express.
Though this is more than what I would normally consider affordable, it is less expensive than
Peter Som's collection and a good alternative.

 
These Jessica Simpson heels are about 80 dollars and are just as bold as Peter Som's shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment