Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Save it For a Rainy Day

Forecast for this week: rain. Even though I knew the beautiful and unseasonnable weather couldn't last forever, I was hoping for a simple temperature drop, not a temperature drop AND rain. Rain equals drenched clothing, spots of splattered mud on our pants, frizzy, uncontrollable hair, and increased laziness. But, since the weather is inevitable, it is best to make the most of it by staying stylish (especially to make up for that frizzy hair.) Rainboots seem to be a matter of controversy in the college fashion world. Some see the rubber, colorful boots as a tacky faux pas. I happen to think they're great.Though they are not the most fashionable boots one could possibly own, I love that there are so many different styles, patterns, and colors to choose from. The rainboot you pick displays your personality, and they definitely add quirky flare to an outfit. Of course, they are also really practical. I feel invincible trudging across campus in my rainboots, as I can splash through any tsunami sized puddle, without even getting my toes wet. They keep my paints dry, they keep me warm, and they keep me sane on a miserable, rainy day.

Target has a large variety of different rainboots. Here are some of my favorite, all of which are only 24.99 dollars each and are also buy one, get one 50% off.

Product Image Women's Zetta Tall Rain Boots - Lilac

Product Image Women's Capelli New York Solid W/eyelet Utility Rainboot - Black




Product Image Women's Magic Carpet Rain Boots - Green
Product Image Women's Zulima Bias Plaid Rain Boots - Multicolor

2 comments:

  1. these are so CUTE! Especially the one with the bow on the front. I need a pair of rainboots, too... Thanks for posting!

    Quench Fab

    ReplyDelete