Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm Back


I had a whirlwind, sleep-deprived, and thoroughly busy trip to Israel that concluded with me on a hospital bed, as I suffered a nearly fatal allergic reaction in the airport and missed my flight. Despite the dramatic ending, I truly enjoyed my trip, but I am thrilled to get back to blogging (and sleeping.) Some of the highlights of my trip include riding a camel at sunset through the desert, hiking the Masada, visiting small villages, testing delicious olive oil at a small factory, and meeting an amazing group of Israeli soldiers. I took hundreds of pictures of people, places, landscapes, and fashion. After a ten day trip around the country, I did notice one particular thing about Israeli fashion: though Israel does have its fair share of fashionistas, almost all young adults are soldiers, therefore fashion seems to be more about practicality than showing off. Many cities have American stores, along with other small local shops, providing citizens and visitors with a sound variety. The fashion in Israel is certainly affordable, as almost every store has a "Sale" sign on the window (making me a bit skeptical.) I went to a street market in Jerusalem that was much like one you might find in NYC. I planned on taking multiple pictures of all of the fresh food, handmade scarves, and local jewelry, but, of course, my camera died right before I arrived at the market. Though, due to a busy and touristy schedule, I did not get to take many pictures of the actual clothing in Israel, I'd like to share some of my favorites from my journey!




Falafel...an Israeli staple

This is shawarma, a vegetable filled Israeli food













Also, check out my latest CollegeFashionista post and "like" it on Facebook through the site!
http://www.collegefashionista.com/school/view/trend_brave_the_storm1/


1 comment:

  1. welcome back looks so yummy

    XOXO,

    http://outfitidentifier.com/

    ReplyDelete