Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Brilliant Solution


I have always struggled with the concept of whether or not black and brown should be mixed together in an ensemble. Depending on the shade of brown, I sometimes think it is a classy and chic combination. Other times, it looks totally wrong. I am starting my summer internship next week, and while in Florida, I searched for a bag that was large and professional enough to carry my laptop in to work. I was really hoping to find a two toned black and brown bag so that it could be versatile and pair with any outfit, but my selection was small considering almost every bag I liked was over 200 dollars (wayyyy beyond this unpaid intern’s budget.) I finally found an affordable, professional and large enough bag, but it is completely black. I started worrying and brainstorming about what I would do on days when I was wearing brown shoes, and my ever-more-creative-than-I-am-mom came up with a brilliant solution. She suggested that I tie a brown silk scarf on my bag when I’m wearing brown. So, I headed to COACH and found the perfect scarf to transform my all black bag into a versatile accessory. For all of you readers on a budget, this is the perfect way to make one bag adaptable.

What do you guys think of the combination of black and brown?



1 comment: