Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Closet Appreciation

There is nothing like packing for a trip to make you realize how many clothes you have. You know, that moment when you want to bring everything you own but have to talk yourself out of it so you don't look like a fool with three suitcases for a weekend getaway? When I was packing for my fourth of July trip, it really hit me that I have way too many clothes. There are items that I hardly ever wear in my closet, and it's not because I don't like them (I donate the clothes I don't like)...it's because I genuinely don't have time to wear them. When you have a bajillion summer shirts and there's only about 80 or so warm days in a year, how can you possibly wear them all? It made me feel a little bit ridiculous. 
Being in New York has made me have serious clothes-envy. There are so many true fashionistas in New York, with extremely expensive and unique clothing. Constantly seeing those people on the streets makes you feel like your hometown is not nearly as fashionable as you thought and you need to take a serious shopping trip and upgrade your wardrobe to fit the New York scene. 
BUT, All of the clothes I have are good enough, and there is no need for me to go shopping to change my wardrobe. I have more than enough clothes to last me through the season, and I want to tell anyone who hears me say "I have nothing to wear" to slap me in the face and push me in my closet until I put something together. 
Lesson of this entry: We should all appreciate the clothes that we have. Even though going shopping during ever sale and after every pay check is tempting, sometimes it's just not worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment