Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

indecisiveness

There are a couple of up and coming fashion trends that I simply cannot make up my mind about. They're definitely affordable, and therefore worthy of this blog, but it does not change the fact that I'm sitting pretty on the fence over these items.

The first new fad I'm undecided on are long dresses. Now, don't get me wrong, I completely understand that they look amazing on many girls, (i.e. stick thing, Mischa Barton types) but what about the rest of us? If you have hips, thighs, or a butt, they might not be very form flattering. I'm a firm believer in being able to rock anything if you have just the right amount of confidence, but there are other problems with these long dresses. The biggest ish' I have is WHERE to WEAR the dresses. The length makes them seem a little too dressy for a daytime event, but they somehow seem inappropriate for wearing out at night. Perhaps the key is to find the perfect print to match the "dressy" level of where you're going. Regardless, I do love the dresses and think they're extremely cute, but I can't decide if the sometimes unflattering style and confused "fancy level" makes them worth buying. Anywho, here is a really cute dress I found at Charlotte Russe for 28 bucks. If I were to buy one of these dresses, this would have to be the one. What do you guys think?



Hot trend number 2: The boot sandal? My biggest problem with these kicks is that they just seem confused. Which season are they promoting: summer, winter? I can't tell. It's undeniable that they add oomf to an outfit, but I'm finding it dificult to get past the awkwardness of the whole thing.
I found this pair on overstock.com for 19.99, which is obviously a killer deal, and I love the color choices. hmmm. To follow the trend or not to follow the trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment