Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Taste the rainbow.

Brightly colored nail polish is in and my fingers are ecstatic. I remember being 10 and loving to rock blue nail polish everyday. It flew under the radar since then, but it's finally back. And thank God because I was sick of unoriginal, cherry red and gothic maroon. Sure, the nail polish makes me look like I'm 10 again, but it adds attitude, accessory, and POP to a simple outfit and compliments an already bright look. Of course it doesn't help that I am completely inept at painting nails, so it looks like a 4 year old got a hold of my nails regardless of color...but I'll just hope I'm the only one with that problem.

There are definitely people who don't understand the appeal to a rainbow selection of lovely nail polish. For example, the ladies who gave me a pedicure while laughing, pointing, and gossiping in Chinese about my Sally Hansen "blue me away" toenails. But forget them because I like when my nails look like an Easter egg. It's summery, youthful, and the color a girl chooses is a reflection of her personality. What could be better?

The irony of it all is that I spend unspeakable amounts of money on nail polish. The prices individually are affordable, but it adds up when I get a new bottle every time I go into a drug store. I never go with the purpose of buying nail polish, but the bright colors are alluring and always draw me in. I end up picking my favorite color out of the array of options, painting all of my nails, and finally purchasing it as I realize that I will have nothing to touch up my nails with when they chip if I don't actually own the color. I usually get so distracted that I leave the store joyously with my freshly painted nails and accompanying bottle, and I'm half way home before it hits me that I completely forgot about buying what I originally went to the store for. The moral of the story is that nail polish is generally more affordable for those who have better self control than I do (which shouldn't be too difficult to achieve.)

So what do I suggest? Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color. At only 2.99 a pop, I can't help but notice that 5 bottles would cost just 15 dollars...

This price is much cheaper than other brands that provide the same colors. In fact, I think Sally may just have more of a selection. With 30 different choices, including "Green with Envy" and "Virtual Violet," there is no need for any other collection.
Here are some of my favorites!

Green With Envy


Blue Me Away




No comments:

Post a Comment