Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Watch Out

Watches, of course, have always been in style. Though, they are now used as accessory more than ever before. What was once an item with the practical use of telling time, has transformed into a decoration that can get so blingy, the actual clock face may not be readable. But I'm more than ok with that. I love how chunky watches with rhinestones and diamonds around the face are used as the new bracelet. I am especially fond of all the bright, original colors they are now popular in, replacing the typical silver, black, or gold watch.


I spent most of June with the fashion goal of acquiring one of these revolutionized watches to wear with everything from a plain white T-shirt to a sweater dress. There was one problem, however, good quality watches are expensive. I tried browsing many different stores and watch brands, ready to face defeat, until I finally decided to take a look at Fossil watches. The reason I didn't look at Fossil right away was that I for some reason had the assumption that they would only carry the classic style watch, but boy, was I wrong. What I found online was a plethora of watches I loved, at the most affordable prices I'd seen anywhere. I was now tackling a new problem: which one to choose....because I loved them all.

Here are some of my favorite options:

Stella Faux Tortoise Glitz Watch


$95.00




                           








                       Multifunction White Dial Watch $95.00


Stella Natural Enamel Topring Watch


$85.00



   











Stella Pink Glitz Analog Watch


$85.00
Though these prices might seem like a lot to stomach for one item, they are actually great deals for high quality watches, as some others can cost hundreds or even thousands. If you don't like any of these, check out the site, there are many more options. You can even build your own watch.

After going to the actual Fossil store and trying on all of the ones I liked best, I finally chose the tortoise shell watch. The white watches ended up being shinier in person than I had expected, and though I still liked them, they lost some appeal to me. What I love about the tortoise shell one is that it has both black and brown in it, so it can be worn with either color. Also, it's sophisticated looking and, therefore, something I can wear for many years to come. It's even water proof.
I have been a proud owner of this watch since my birthday in July, and it's accented many outfits perfectly. Oh, and it tells time pretty well too...



No comments:

Post a Comment