Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Tied together

Tie die is a trend that mysteriously re-entered our lives via the shelves of every store this season. What used to be acceptable attire only if you were a 10 year old boy or a teenage girl at the gym, has evolved into the print on dresses, yoga pants, and tops. And I'm not complaining. I've always had tie dye tee shirts stuffed away in my drawers, never to actually be worn. I had ones that were bought for me as souvenirs at theme parks and day camps, or ones that I sloppily made as an activity with my sister.  I never really wore the shirts as anything except for pajamas because it simply was not fashionable. Now that tie dye is back, I'm stocking up on the design in different colors, patterns, and styles. I'm acutely aware that the tie dye phase will soon pass and it will revert back to clothing only to be broken out for lazy days and little kids, but until then, here are some of my favorites...

I got this tie die peasant top at American Eagle for only 19 dollars. It looks great with jeans, shorts, or tucked into a high waisted skirt.

As shown in the previous post, I got these yoga pants with a tie die fold from Victoria's Secret for only 16.99.

This subtly tie-died dress is from American Eagle, and is on sale for 19.95.

This tie die skirt is from American Apparel. It's 36 dollars, which is pricier than I would normally pay for a skirt, but it's dark coloring makes it appropriate for wearing out in the winter (because, let's face it, girls still wear skirts, even when it's cold enough to make a snowman shiver.) I am more apt to splurge on a piece that can be worn year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment