Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Not so Juicy

Velour sweatsuits have always been a source of confusion for me. I never quite understood why someone would pay 200 dollars for a zip up and sweatpants. Though I love the variety of colors the popular sweatsuits have to offer, I personally prefer plain black sweats. Besides, I'm not one for perfect matching, so velour was never even a point of consideration for me. But between midterms and recent rainy days, comfort is constantly on my mind. I've been in need of some new lazy day/studying pants for a while. I mostly wear yoga pants, but I find that they shrink and wear out easily. Last week, I saw a shelf of velour pants and zip ups in one of my favorite bargain stores, New York and Company. Since I am always on the prowl for new sweats, and they had a black pair, I decided to try them on. They were far cozier than I expected, and they fit perfectly. The best part, of course, was that the sweats only cost 29.95, as opposed to the 118 dollar price tag from other brands. I used a 15% discount that New York and Company provided, and I got my new favorite pair of sweats for just 24.95 (So far, I see no difference between this pair and the far more expensive option.)

1 comment:

  1. I am totally with you -- why would anyone pay so much for sweats? I have a pair of Hard Tail yoga pants that I'm actually addicted to for studying but these velour ones do look cozy!
    It's my first time on your blog and I'm loving it -- can't wait for more!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete