Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vanilla and Strawberry Delight

This weekend, my roommate and I decided we wanted to do a little baking. We were originally going to whip up some peanut butter pie, and were all set to do so, before making the unfortunate realization that we do not own the bunt cake pan necessary to make the delicious dessert. What we did have, though, was a small cupcake sheet. I'm not a huge fan of cake, but I do love frosting, especially Funfetti, so with thoughts of vanilla and sprinkles on our minds, we decided to bake cupcakes. Since cupcakes are not my all time favorite treat, I knew I had to decorate each one with delicious toppings in order to make the dessert more enjoyable to make and eat. Though I have no intentions of making this blog about food, I couldn't help but notice just how fashionable these little delicacies turned out (and every now and then, I like to do a post on "a different kind of fashion.") If there were such things as stylish cupcakes, they'd certainly be it, especially with their golden outerwear and colorful accessories. Plus, since all we bought was Funfetti batter, Funfetti and strawberry frosting, and then used food items we already had as decorations, the treats were quite affordable. They were also fun and easy to make because they were from a package, yet the careful decorating gave them the vibe and TLC of home-made cupcakes.

From top, clockwise: Vanilla frosting with Funfetti sprinkles mixed in, strawberry frosting with crushed Milano cookies, vanilla frosting with chocolate chips, strawberry frosting with sprinkles, vanilla frosting with Milano cookies, strawberry frosting with cut strawberry on top


1 comment: