Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Where is My Jacket?!

Yesterday I left school and went home for the day in order to replace my summer clothing with my winter gear. Of course, one of the staples that I needed to bring back to school was my warmest coat, which happens to be a black, belted, pea coat from Victoria's Secret. Coats and jackets are my weakness. I have a whole variety of them, from thin, casual bombers, to long, wool jackets. Coats simply always catch my eye, and they are one of the few items that I am willing to splurge on because high quality is a must. In fact, last year at school, I had one entire armour in my dorm room dedicated to my outwear.

As soon as I got home, I started collecting all of my sweaters, boots, and coats. However, my Victoria's Secret jacket was mysteriously missing. I searched through every closet in my house, unsuccessfully, as the coat was nowhere to be found. I was incredibly upset since it was a Christmas present and is my warmest and most beloved coat. I frantically called upon help from my mom, who also searched through every closet. Finally, she announced to me that I clearly lost my coat and must have left it at someone's house. I knew that was not possible because I remembered bringing it home last spring break when the weather turned warm, and I knew my coat was way too big of an object to simply lose. Since I am sort of infamous for losing just about every valuable possession I have, this accusation certainly bugged me. Although, I did sort of start to believe her... Instead of admitting this, though, I decided to accuse both my father and sister of stealing/throwing away/sabotaging my coat. After hours of frustration and a lack of luck, I headed back to school coatless and with thoughts of my inevitable hypothermia as I walked through the wind tunnels to class in December...coatless.

When I got back to school, I opened my washer/dryer closet, where my roommate and I hang our coats. Shockingly, my coat was dangling there in the closet, as I apparently already brought it to school this year. Who knew? Though I was incredibly happy to have found my coat, I knew I was going to hear it from my family, which I did...I woke up this morning with an e-mail from my dad making fun of my accusation that he threw my coat away...and an "I told you so" from my mom.

Well, this entire story prompted me to check out some affordable coats online, as I thought I was destined to have to purchase a new one. I love how there are so many different styles and colors of coats, and they can state so much about your personality. Plus, they are completely essential here in New England during the bitter winters. However, a truly warm coat is usually expensive, but in my opinion, well worth the cost. Here's what I found...

This American Eagle bomber is a casual way to stay warm for just $69.50.

This American Eagle Coat puts a new spin on the classic pea coat. Price: 129.50, also comes in green.
This unique coat is only 54 dollars!
 
I have been in love with and stalked this vibrant Victoria's Secret coat for years.
It is so bold and looks very warm. It is currently on sale for 99 dollars and comes in many other colors if you're not a fan of the yellow.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Yellow Pea Coat from VS! How different and unique! A bold splash of color in the cold winter months would fit very nicely.

    xo,

    Molly

    ps. Stop by and say hello!:)
    www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete