Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Keep Calm



Posters are a significant part of college decorating. My freshmen year, I purchased the most random posters in all different colors (a black and white picture of Paris, a colorful beach scene, Fenway Park...etc). I had way more than what could possibly fit on my tiny wall space, and none of them really matched each other or my bedding. Plus, I bought the least expensive ones, so they all ended up ripping. After my John Mayer poster refused to stay on my wall this year, I decided to end my relationship with posters for good...
Until I realized that next year I'm going to have my very own big bed at school and my very own room. I really want to transition from the bright pinks and greens I've been using in my dorms for the last three years into something a little more soothing like the cream comforters I showed here. To go along with that theme, I couldn't help but think how well a "keep calm and carry on" poster would fair. Since I have two papers to write, I was naturally  searching for the best color to get this poster and instead came across some really funny variations. I like the first one below so much that I'm seriously tempted to buy it instead of the real thing. 






1 comment:

  1. that poster is hilarious!! I might buy it...........

    ReplyDelete