Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Proud

I couldn't be prouder to be a Husky than I am now. Our men are going to the 'ship and our women play in the Final Four tonight. I have never seen as much school pride as I did last night when hundreds of students were gathered together at Ted's restaurant and bar on campus to watch UConn take on Kentucky. 
(Side note: Ted's has the best BBQ chicken pizza I've ever had the fortunate opportunity to taste).
 When we won the game, I actually feared for my life because of the ridiculous excitement in the bar. Luckily, I managed to celebrate the win with everyone without experiencing any serious injuries. The only damage done was to my vocal chords, but I had to join in with everyone chanting and singing our fight song (which I still don't really know the words to. whoops.) There is a rumor going around campus that if both the men and women win the national championship title, our classes are canceled Wednesday. I'm not sure if this is true, but I'm pretty excited to find out. 
What I do know for sure is that I am ready for tomorrow night's game and prepared to take my car as far away from campus as possible to avoid everyone who enjoys burning and flipping automobiles to celebrate big wins.


GO UCONN!


No comments:

Post a Comment