Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Listen Up!

I began blogging last summer because I decided that I seriously needed a hobby and that stalking on Facebook definitely didn't count as one. Since I've always been interested in journalism, I randomly decided to pick up blogging without ever having read a single blog besides Perez Hilton. 


 I did not start ths blog because I believe I am particularly fashionable but really just because I'm good at finding bargains on clothes, and I may have a shoping problem (although I haven't shopped since February!) So, I named it ALLonfashion because my initials are A.L.L, and I thought it was a clever play on words. But, since half of the readers don't know my initials, it didn't come off as clever as I intended. I guess it should have been allonbargains or something entirely different and way more creative.

As much as I enjoy this blog, in all reality my only expertise comes from the fact that I love shopping inexpensively. Since I didn't know much about blogs before starting my own, I didn't really think about the implications a title has on its blog when I picked one. Now that I read multiple blogs daily and am actually sort of obsessed with the whole concept of blogging, I feel sort of restricted by the fact that mine has "fashion" in the title because there are so many other topics I'd like to write about. So, I've made an important decision to do a little transformation on this blog. 
I'll still be writing about inexpensive styles and clothes, but I'll be writing about other things too. 
What I really want to focus on is life as a college student...whether I write about homework, applying to internships, my friends, late night pizza or a cheap pair of jeans, I want to make this blog a little more applicable to what I do on a daily basis. 
So, FYI, my advice to anyone who wants to start a blog is to reaaaaaally think about what you want to write about before you make it public. Make sure the topic you choose is expansive enough that you won't run out of ideas! 

I realize that I still have ALLonFashion as the URL and title, but I'm currently trying to think of a really great replacement. So far, my idea was to do thatssocollege.com, but apparently that's already taken. I am not even quite sure if I'm going to change the URL at all. I've spent so much time on the design of this blog, that it would seriously kill me to replace it. Until my decision is made, I am taking the initiative to expand what I write about!  "What is in a name" anyway, right?



Go Huskiesssssssss! Two teams in the final four? It's going to be a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment