Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Team BaseDogs!

Oozeball is a UConn tradition. We just really love playing volleyball in the mud here. Normally, oozeball is played the last weekend before finals, which is generally a warm beautiful day. This year, we played it on a particularly lovely day....windy, cloudy, and 50 degrees! Woo! Nothing like wearing shorts and a tee shirt, while rolling around in cold mud when it's freezing out! My roommate/teammate and I decided to run to TJ Max quickly before our game to buy an inexpensive pair of sneakers to play in so that we wouldn't ruin our nice ones. The cheapest ones we found were some pretty cute (not) slip-ons that I had to get two sizes too big because they didn't have my size. Unfortunately, slips on that are too big get stuck in the mud much easier than normal sneakers. I didn't really think of this prior to my purchase. My roommate and I ended up completely unable to move the whole game. My shoes were so stuck in the mud that I walked right out of them and ended up losing my socks. Then, I had to dig out my buried sneakers. Even though we had a great time laughing and pulling each other out of the mud....we lost...and cold mud on bare feet doesn't make for a pleasant walk home. 

I'm really sad that we didn't take pictures this year since no one wanted to get their camera muddy, but here are some from last year (when it was sunny out!)


That's me sitting in the mud right after I fell...




No comments:

Post a Comment