Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

White Out

Our parents most likely cringe at the thought of white pants, shoes and dresses worn before Memorial Day...but Generation Y fashion lovers are pretty torn on the issue. I have friends who strictly stick to the no white before Memorial Day rule, and others who don't even know the rule exists. Personally, I think it is all contextual. A bright white dress worn on a rainy April day is clearly inappropriate, but a pair of white Keds or a white tank top before Memorial Day doesn't bother me one bit. As long as the outfit is tactful and weather appropriate, I say white before Memorial Day is a go. Rules have to be broken every now and then, and besides, who made that rule anyway? Probably someone who didn't look good in white. I think it's a little outdated, especially for people who live in warm climates! 

What do you think? 




NOT ok before Memorial Day





Definitely ok before Memorial Day 

Via Aldo 







No comments:

Post a Comment