Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Too Good to be True?


I am, without a shadow of doubt, a creature of habit. Whether it’s with a morning routine or an entire lifestyle, I am not a fan of change. This is why, once I pick a food I like to have for breakfast or lunch, I eat it every.single.day until I finally decide to try something new. I ate a turkey sandwich for lunch every day from 6th grade until my senior year (I’m not kidding. The only time I had something else was on the rare occasion that we ran out of deli meat at my house.)  My latest food kick stemmed from something my mom encouraged me to try a few weeks back. With a few simple additions to spice it up, I now enjoy what I like to call a "healthy trifle" for lunch each day.  Everyone loves a delicious summer trifle, but the whipped cream, pudding and wafers are not exactly the healthiest option. I am not, by any means, trying to turn this into a food blog, but I love this simple creation enough to pass it on... (my lactose intolerant boyfriend even tried it and said it was good)

Ingredients:
Fat Free Cottage Cheese (which adds tasty texture)
Your favorite flavor of Greek Yogurt (I use blueberry or peach)
Fresh berries (I normally use strawberries and rasberries,) some granola (I use blueberry apple)
Your choice of dried fruit (I use dried blueberries to add a little flavor and crunch)

Mix together the cottage cheese and yogurt and top it off with the granola, dried fruit and fresh fruit.







How pretty is that? And it tastes good! And it’s healthy! Almost too good to be true…

No comments:

Post a Comment