Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Accessorize or Bust

An outfit is never complete without accessories. They add attitude and your own personal flare to what could be an otherwise boring outfit. In fact, some of my very favorite outfits are ones that I throw together last minute. In these instances, I usually pick out something plain like jeans and a solid color shirt, but put on a long necklace, scarf, or other accessory to spice up the look. The outfit ends up being really cute, my accessories get put to good use, and it cancels out the stress of throwing together something to wear with limited time.

One problem with accessories is that they are often expensive. I don't like the idea of paying 24. 50 for a plastic, beaded necklace. I would rather spend my money on clothing, but accessories are simply a necessity. So, I try to find sales, two for one deals, etc. when buying my bling. New York and Company is a store that has good quality, really cute accessories and almost always is having a sale. When I'm looking for something especially cheap, I usually go to H&M or Forever 21, where I can find scarves for 3 dollars and necklaces for 5. Nothing puts a smile on my face quicker than a deal like that.


1. This forever 21 metallic striped scarf is 6.80 and comes in 5 different, neutral colors. It is light enough to be worn as a summer scarf, but of course also good for the winter.
2. I love this beaded flower elastic headband from Forever 21, and I also love that it's only 4.80. A small price to pay to add some oomf to your do.
3. Straw hats are in and so is saving money, which is why this 7.80 Forever 21 hat is perfect for the times. I think it would look great with a sundress or just a plain white tee.
4. Wallets and purses are usually an area I'm willing to splurge on. But, I do like to own a cheap (but cute) wristlet for when I go out at night. That way, if I lose it, something spills on it, or other disasters occur, I won't be too upset that it's ruined. This wallet from Forever 21 comes in taupe and black, and is only 12.80.

And now for the jewels...


1. This necklace is one of the more expensive items I found, but since it looks like something straight off the Titanic, I think it's worth it. It's from American Eagle and is 19.50. The good news? There is a buy one, get one for 50% off deal going on right now.
2. I found this bracelet online at Urban Outfitters in the sale section. It was originally 34 dollars, and now it's only 9.99. I love the intricate twists and pearls.
3.So what could you get with AE's buy one get one for 50% off deal? I'm feeling these champagne studs. They look good with both the necklace and the bracelet I picked out, and they appear a lot more expensive than they really are. ;) They're only 12.50, so if you get them with the necklace, the grand total would be 25.75. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment