Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to School Shopping: Part Two

On Monday, I wrote a post about back to school shopping. Well, my own entry inspired me, and it didn't take long before I was at Wal Mart, the mall, Target, and, finally, on the phone ordering from a Victoria's Secret catalog (in that order, allow me to explain...)

I started my back to school shopping at Wal Mart, in a quest to stock up on shampoo, conditioner, picture frames, etc, for this semester. Well, it seems that Wal Mart basically got rid of anything useful they used to sell, rearranged their entire store, and hid their employees so that nobody could help me. Oh, and did you know that at Wal Mart you can't buy just one bottle of Lysol wipes? They only sell them in a pack of three. I did not want three. I don't clean that much.... So, after an hour of walking around Wal Mart with a confused mind, frustrated appearance, and virtually empty carriage, I purchased what little I was able to find there, and headed directly to the mall. I walked in, went straight to H&M, spent 70 dollars on back to school clothes, and quickly exited the mall before I could do anymore damage. Next, I went to Target, found everything I could not find at Wal Mart, plus so much more, and bought some adorable back to school decorations and items (plus one shirt I couldn't resist.) Then, I headed home, saw that I had a catalog from Victoria's Secret in the mail, with a 70% sale and free shipping, and spent 37 dollars. The end.


Here are pictures of all of the relevant items I bought on my back to school quest. Everything is, of course, AFFORDABLE, and I got a lot for my money. (I'm working on one day having pictures that are artistic/high quality, but until then...)


(Yes, I am fully aware that only one of these items is for winter. Call me crazy, but I still have summer on my mind. I'm just not too concerned with practicality)


White Romper: Victoria's Secret- 10.99
Bathing suit top (underneath): Victoria's Secret- 9.99
(Unfortunately, the bottoms were sold out in my size.)
Blouse: Target- 19.99
The rest I didn't buy recently, but include Forever 21 shorts, Charlotte Russe sandals, and a belt that came attached to a shirt from a random store I found in NY.


Yoga pants with knot on side: Victoria's Secret: 16.99

Pink high waisted skirt: H&M- 12.95
The rest of the outfit is from previous purchases: Charlotte Russe sandals and necklace, AERIE ring, Forever 21 top. Since I'm so obsessed with finding bargains, and proud of myself when I do, I happen to remember the price of everything I am wearing here. The grand total for my outfit? 40 dollars.

Picture board with floral pattern: Target- 6.99. I can't wait to fill this baby up.

Baby Pink shirt with tie and sequin detailing: H&M- 17.95. It's perfect for wearing out with leggings or dark skinny jeans.

Ridiculously comfortable black zip up: H&M- 19.95
Black Crop shirt: H&M- 4.95. GREAT DEAL. I ended up putting a tank top underneath the crop shirt because it shrunk and got a little too short for wearing out. I will definitely wear it sans an undershirt to the beach, though. My pants were previously purchased from Forever 21.









Striped dress (that definitely makes me look like a candy cane:) H&M- 17.95
The belt is also from H&M. I bought it at the beginning of the summer for 7 dollars. The shoes are Forever 21 and cost around 10 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment