Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Perfectly Patterned

In general, I consider myself to be a pretty plain dresser. I tend towards neutrals, I don't like wearing too many accessories at once, and I barely ever wear patterns. But, every once in a while, I find a great item that has an irresistible pattern. Most of the time, I find a pattern I love on a dress or flowy shirt. I enjoy paisleys, floral patterns, and polka dots (yes, I said it, I like polka dots. I don't care how little girlish they look.)

When wearing patterns, it's still important to pay attention to color. Though you may love a pattern, it is key to ensure that it also contains colors that flatter you. Plus, don't forget to make sure the pattern is not too busy. If there is an intricate pattern you can't resist, pair it with something simple to offset it.

Here are some items that are definitely worthy of tossing my simple ways out the window and trading them in for patterns. And, as always, they're affordable.
This is a colorful, bold, plaid romper
I purchased at H&M. Truthfully,
I can't remember exactly how
much it cost, but knowing me,
it couldn't have been expensive.
I think it was around 20 dollars.


This floral print top is from Forever 21 and is only
18.90.
I love the colored pattern on this Old Navy Sundress. Price? 29.50
These GAP floral t-strap sandals (pictured below) are only 24.99. They're  a great, subtle way to add a splash of pattern to a simple outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment