Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blue Skies Ahead

Yesterday, the weather in Connecticut was wet, windy, and overall, miserable...the kind of day  characterized by crazy sideways rain and flooded sidewalks. I came back to my apartment after classes soaked and cold. With a hopeful attitude, I checked the upcoming forecast and discovered that today was scheduled for a weather makeover, complete with sunshine and blue skies. Mother nature didn't disappoint, as today truly is a beautiful day (especially for December.) The gloomy atmosphere yesterday inspired me to search for some brightly colored winter clothing and accessories in attempt to compensate for all the gray outside. Throughout the winter, pairing bursts of color with otherwise neutral or dark ensembles balances out the dreary season. The affordable options I found perfectly compliment today's sunshine.
This Old Navy scarf is 12.50.

This Victoria's Secret sweater is on sale for 39 dollars and comes in other bright colors!

These Forever 21 tights are great for the holiday season and only cost 6.80.

This Forever 21 hat is 6.80 and comes in other bright colors.

2 comments:

  1. I love those tights and hat! I've been looking for a colorful scarf like that. I've been looking at these: http://www.affordablescarves.com/color/blue/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this website with me, Penny! I might even have to do an entry about it. Is this your site?

    -Allegra, ALLonFashion

    ReplyDelete