Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Big Move


I officially moved in to my apartment in New York a little over a week ago, and so far I love my internship and am having a fun and exhausting time. Even though I think the city is great overall, after less than a week, I already knew I could never permanently live in a city.

Here are a list of things I love about the city…and some things I’m not so fond of…

Love              
All of the amazing opportunities
The variety of shopping
All of the restaurants and outside seating that is perfect for the summer
The hustle and bustle (I’m a go, go, go kind of girl)
The entertaining characters you often run into
I can’t lie…I do like the feeling of being dressed up and roaming around the city pretending I know what I’m doing
There is always something to do and everything is open late


 Not so much..
All of the rude and sometimes unsanitary people
Having to pay for parking everywhere…even at Wal Mart and the gym that already costs 7 times what I pay for the gym at home
The confusing and too diverse transportation options. I like to drive places. Taking subways/trains/cabs aren’t really my thang.
I must say, the heat here is pretty unbearable, especially when wearing black business clothes. And it’s only June. Oh Boy. I’m used to a shoreline breeze, and there certainly is not one in Manhattan.


Here are some pictures of downtown White Plains...

I love sitting on the bench in this little park. Normally the fountain is flowing and splashing me. It wasn't on today, but it would have been particularly nice on the hottest day ever. 




harsh.

How rude. Why cant we bathe in the fountain??


No comments:

Post a Comment